Sloan Lubrication was incorporated in October 1922 by its founders: Ralph, Paul, and (the first) Walter Sloan. Our initial focus was mechanical lubricators used in heavy industry, steam-to-water heat exchanges, and steam traps.
Walter’s son John joined the company after serving in the Navy in World War II. He and his sister Margaret, the second Sloan generation to successfully manage the business, shifted our business focus to providing accurate, protected lubrication systems for the fast-growing natural gas transmission industry.
Walter R. Sloan II joined the company in 1972 after college. His brother Andrew retired from an illustrious career in naval aviation and then joined the firm, and sister Nancy returned to Pittsburgh to become the Director of Human Resources in 2009. This third Sloan generation skillfully navigated and implemented exciting new technological developments in lubrication systems for compressor applications in the natural gas, refinery, and other industries.
Walter’s son C. J. (in 2003) and then his brothers Brian and Eric (in 2008) became the fourth Sloan generation invested in constantly developing and innovating lubrication technology, while maintaining Sloan Lubrication’s dedication to customer satisfaction.
Sloan Lubrication moved to a new facility in 2008. Several years later we expanded our internal manufacturing capabilities in order to offer our customers the best possible products for their lubrication systems.
Over four generations, more than twenty family members have owned and operated Sloan Lubrication. We always strive for perfection in the art and science of lubrication, and to continue our company’s success by serving – and satisfying – our customers.